POWERFUL, RELIABLE AND AS TOUGH-AS-NAILS.
Depending on the model, the new Frontier Series of vehicles come powered by a 23 hp or 26 hp electronic fuel-injected air cooled Kohler Command Pro engine coupled with an efficient standard or high torque steering transmission for great performance in challenging terrain. Outfitted with a number of hunting specific accessories, customers can further customize their ride with multiple color, transmission, accessory and seating packages.
- ENGINE: Dependable ECH air-cooled Kohler gas engines features electronic fuel injection (EFI) to deliver sure starts in any climate conditions, including high altitudes.
- HIGH DENSITY POLYETHYLENE (HDPE) ALL-TERRAIN BODY: Both Argo’s lower and upper body are manufactured using a high density polyethylene material that’s engineered to keep water hazards out and environmental hazards in. The smooth, durable underbody floats over potential snags, stumps whether you’re forging through the mud, skimming over snow or scrambling over hard rock.
- TRANSMISSION OPTIONS: Argo’s parent company, Ontario Drive & Gear Limited, is a world leader in precision gearing and high performance transmissions. At the heart of every ARGO is a fully mechanical drivetrain based on ODG technology to ensure the best reliability, maintainability and smooth, efficient transfer of power to the ground. Frontier models feature the ‘Classic’ or ‘Admiral’, including Standard (STD) on the Limited models to suit your individual off-road riding style.
- LOW PRESSURE TIRES: Argo tires are custom engineered to provide propulsion for the vehicle when used amphibiously and to provide superior traction when off-roading in challenging terrain.
- BUILT-IN BILGE PUMP: A built-in bilge pump is a standard feature for all Frontier S and ST models
- ENTRY STEP: Standard entry step provides easier entry into the vehicle
Frontier 8x8 Scout S
Breakup Country Shadow Grass
Steering - Hydraulic
Service - Mechanical
Argo AT189 24 x 10.00-8NHS
124 in. (3,150 mm)
Shipping - 1,220 lb. (553 kg)
Pressure - 2.5 psi (17.2 kPa) using tires
Tires - 9.5 in. - 240 mm
Tracks - 10.5 in. - 265 mm
Options - STD or HT
Chains drive machined sprockets. 1 1/4 in. diameter axles with triple sealed greaseable outer bearings.
Final - RC50-2 and RC60 roller chain drive to all 8 axles
HD Belt - Standard
LCD digital gauge cluster: speedometer, odometer, voltmeter, hour meter, tachometer, low oil pressure, parking brake reminder lights and check engine light.
Kohler Command Pro, 4 cycle OHV
Belt-driven, Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) maximizes engine power to the transmission.
Electronic Fuel Injection
7.1 gal. (27 l)
See through polyethylene fuel tank. 8 hours of operation.
Formed steel channel construction, welded for high strength and durability. Polyester powder coated for lasting protection.
Body - Vacuum formed High Molecular Weight Polyethylene
One-piece ergonomic handlebar steering control with mounted brake lever. For safety and ease of handling, the ARGO steering transmission provides continuous torque to all axles.
Right-hand twist grip throttle.
On Land - 19 mph (30 km/h)
On Water - 3 mph (5 km/h)
1,400 lb. (544 kg)
On Land - 830 lb. (376 kg)
On Water - 730 lb. (331 kg)